Steps In Cleaning A Camper Trailer
Camper trailers are useful vehicles particularly to spend enjoyable and relaxing moments outdoors. It is important to do the necessary maintenance procedures such as cleaning in order for them to stay in pristine condition. Owners have a part in ensuring that their units will maintain in good shape at all times.
If you are a camper trailer owner, never neglect cleaning it once in a while. Whether it is in use or not, it is important to do the necessary cleaning procedures. In that way, you can rest assured that the unit is cared for properly. Here are the steps to properly clean a camper trailer.
• First and foremost, wash the shell using a mild detergent and warm water. Never use abrasive cleaners as these may cause damage to camper shells. Meanwhile in order to prevent build up of dirt, it is advantageous to clean the caps and openings on top of campers every 4 to 6 weeks using a damp cloth. Moreover, make sure to remove dirt debris on the canvas using a brush.
• Wipe off dirt from shoes prior to entering the camper trailer. Care for the carpet by vacuuming it frequently. Wipe the wood and linoleum floors with a damp cloth to eliminate dirt and stains. For tough stains, bear in mind to use only mild cleaner then rinse thoroughly to prevent soap from drying. Care for the floor by not using hard bristles to prevent the occurrence of dents and scratches.
• Moving on, vacuum window sills and cloth blinds often so as to remove dust. Using a damp cloth, wipe metal blinds and the dirt and dust that remained around the window. On the other hand, metal blinds can be removed and sprayed with a mild cleaner or soaked in a tub of warm water in the house.
• To clean the kitchen area, use a warm, soapy cloth. Wipe down drawers, cabinets, faucets and sinks among others. Take off the stove top plates then wipe away all spills and crumbs that are attractive to bugs and rodents. Afterwards, soak the aluminum wire filter in warm, soapy water to deter a greasy buildup. Do not forget to clean the refrigerator and take out all old or uneaten food.
• After cleaning the kitchen, proceed with cleaning the bathroom/comfort room area by wiping down toilet seats and the lids with a disinfectant cloth. Clean faucets and sinks with a white vinegar and baking soda mixture which may also be used in cleaning accordion showers. Remove and wash shower curtains if necessary. Remove fabric or plastic shower curtains and wash as needed.
I am based in Southport QLD Australia and have a passion in camping using 4 wheel drive camper trailers. I am an adventurer and a very passionate traveler.